Wednesday, October 12, 2016

call on me. I will answer you



Sahih International: And your Lord says, "Call upon Me; I will respond to you." Indeed, those who disdain My worship will enter Hell [rendered] contemptible.


Pickthall: And your Lord hath said: Pray unto Me and I will hear your prayer. Lo! those who scorn My service, they will enter hell, disgraced.


Yusuf Ali: And your Lord says: "Call on Me; I will answer your (Prayer): but those who are too arrogant to serve Me will surely find themselves in Hell - in humiliation!"


Shakir: And your Lord says: Call upon Me, I will answer you; surely those who are too proud for My service shall soon enter hell abased.


Muhammad Sarwar: Your Lord has said, "Pray to Me for I shall answer you prayers. Those who are too proud to worship Me will soon go to hell in disgrace".


Mohsin Khan: And your Lord said: "Invoke Me, [i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islamic Monotheism)] (and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation). Verily! Those who scorn My worship [i.e. do not invoke Me, and do not believe in My Oneness, (Islamic Monotheism)] they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!"


Arberry: Your Lord has said, 'Call upon Me and I will answer you. Surely those who wax 


too proud to do Me service shall enter Gehenna utterly abject.'